Garage Door Maintenance: Homeowners Love These 4 Benefits
You may wonder why garage door maintenance matters. What’s in it for me, right? Well, keeping your garage door maintained benefits you as a homeowner in four major ways:
- Garage door maintenance saves you money– If minor garage door issues are ignored, they become larger problems. Costly problems. You can avoid many expensive garage door repairs by simply committing to annual garage door maintenance, which is a much more cost-effective choice.
- Garage door maintenance increases your home’s safety- Many families use the garage as an entrance to their home. Garage door maintenance reduces the possibility of vehicles and family members getting stuck inside or outside the garage. Also, with regular maintenance, garage door springs will be inspected and replaced in a timely manner before breaking and causing potential damage to people and property.
- Garage door maintenance reduces noise- Increased grinding noises are a sure sign you need garage door repair or garage door opener repair. Avoid the noise altogether and catch those issues before they arise.
- Garage door maintenance improves longevity- Newly installed garage doors can last anywhere from 15-30 years. Many factors go into determining a garage door’s lifespan. Still, it’s a fact that annual maintenance will help a garage door continue to function properly for much longer than a door left untouched year after year.
What To Expect During a Garage Door Tune-Up
We recommend scheduling a garage door tune-up once a year near the Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe, FL areas. So, what exactly happens during a garage door maintenance tune-up? First, a trained Good Guys Garage Door Solutions technician will inspect your garage door and all of its parts. They’ll look for damage, dents, and rust on the garage door panels. They’ll clean any debris on the tracks and sensors and then note any wear and tear on hinges, cables, rollers, bearings, and springs.
Our garage door specialists have years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining garage doors, so they can detect even the most minor issues others might miss. Open communication and superior customer service are very important to us, so if repairs are needed, recommendations will be shared at this time.
After the initial inspection, the technician will adjust and realign the garage door tracks if necessary. A balance test will ensure the garage door opener isn’t overburdened when the door opens and closes. All hinges, rollers, springs, tracks, and bearing plates will be properly lubricated. Any loose nuts and screws will be tightened at this time as well. When you’re ready to schedule a garage door tune-up, contact us! We’re excited to serve you.
DIY Garage Door Maintenance Tips
In between annual maintenance tune-ups with your local garage door service company, there are several things you can do to maintain your garage door. If you need help or have additional garage door maintenance questions, don’t hesitate to contact our team!
6 easy DIY garage door maintenance tips for homeowners:
- Apply a lubricant to the springs every 3-4 months
- Look for any loose or hanging parts
- Tighten loose nuts and bolts with a socket wrench
- Listen for changes when opening/closing
- Clean debris from the tracks and sensors
- Replace remote batteries
Contact Us to Schedule Garage Door Maintenance
Our trained and experienced garage door experts know all the ins and outs of garage door maintenance. You can count on us to keep your garage door operating at its best. With proper garage door installation and maintenance, your garage door will last for years, even decades! Good Guys Garage Door Solutions provides top-quality garage door maintenance service to the Miami-Dade, FL region. Contact us to schedule a tune-up today!