If you’ve been a garage door owner for a long time, chances are you’ve encountered the need for garage door spring repair. As one of the most important garage door parts, springs work to enable your garage door’s movement by expanding to balance the weight of your door and carry the mounting tension.
Because garage door springs are under so much stress, they have a limited lifespan. Standard torsion springs are known to last between 10,000-15,000 cycles. Depending on how often your garage door springs are in use and if they’re well maintained, their cycle lifespan is about 7-14 years.
Getting ahead of garage door spring repair before the springs snap can make a large impact on time and money saved. If you’re looking for garage door spring repair in Miami Fl, Good Guys Garage Door Solutions is the best choice for efficient and accurate garage door repair done right the first time.
Is Garage Door Spring Repair Dangerous?
Yes, garage door broken spring repair is one of the most dangerous aspects of garage door repair. Garage door springs can lead to severe injury if they are not handled properly by a skilled service technician. As aforementioned, this hardware holds a lot of tension and recoils with abundant force. Allowing your garage door spring repair service to be performed by the experts at Good Guys Garage Door Solutions is always the best option for high-risk jobs like this.
Signs You Need Garage Door Spring Repair
If your garage door spring breaks, you’ll know. This hardware lets out a loud audible pop and there will be visual and physical signs of the breakage as well. If you didn’t hear your springs snap but still suspect that they need servicing, here are a few additional signs to be on the lookout for.
- Your garage door won’t open.
- Your garage door opens halfway and then stops.
- Your garage door moves at an angle.
- Your garage door is heavier than normal when you try to manually open it.
- Your garage door slams shut.
- You notice loose or fallen garage door cables.
- You notice your garage door springs are elongated.
- You hear strange, grinding noises.
- You notice a 3-4 inch gap between the spring’s coils.
Why Do Garage Door Springs Break?
- Wear and Tear: Garage door springs work hard over the years by supporting the weight of your garage door. Over time, they experience wear and tear, which leads them to snap. This typically occurs at the end of their lifespan.
- Poor Maintenance: Because garage door springs experience wear and tear, it’s important that they be well maintained. This includes cleaning, lubrication, and tightening. Taking good care of your garage door springs will improve their functionality and lifespan.
- Rust: Rust causes friction as it builds up on your garage door springs, which adds to wear and tear. This causes your garage door springs to have a shorter lifespan. Cleaning your garage door springs regularly and scheduling routine maintenance with Good Guys Garage Door Solutions will help to displace rust and enable your garage door springs to work better.
- Unbalanced Parts: It’s important that garage door parts be properly balanced to ensure their functionality. Over time, they can shift and be displaced, which causes extra stress to build on the springs. During a garage door tune-up, service professionals will perform a door balance test to ensure that your garage door parts are properly balanced and in line.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Garage Door Spring Repair
- Safety: Garage door springs, even after they’ve snapped, are still incredibly dangerous. They carry tension that lies coiled within their springs. Never leave damaged springs lying around for kids or pets to tamper with. And remember, the continued use of your garage door when the springs are damaged will cause additional garage door issues.
- Damage: Garage door springs, when damaged, can cause the garage door to slam shut upon closing. A slamming garage door is an extreme hazard for people and objects inside the garage. It can cause severe property damage or bodily injury.
- Cost: Damaged garage door springs have a repair cost of their own, but continued use will accumulate damage to other parts of your garage door system. There is no need to take on the financial burden of repairing additional parts unnecessarily.
Garage Door Spring Repair Near You
Our team offers the best garage door spring repair with exceptional customer service at a great price. You can count on us to conduct a thorough inspection of your garage door springs and ensure your system is operating safely. Contact us today to schedule garage door spring repair near you!